It’s getting that time of year where we all celebrate Christmas together with our loved ones and our Easy Christmas Damper recipe is perfect for any celebration whether you’re camping or at home.
Christmas Damper Ingredients:
- 2 Cups Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 TSP Mixed Spice (found in supermarkets)
- 1/2 TSP Cinnamon
- 1/2 TSP Nutmeg
- 1/2 TSP Salt
- 1/2 Cup Crushed Walnuts
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1/2 Cup Mixed Dried Fruit
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Glace Cherries
- Milk, enough to combine
Christmas Damper Directions
Step One | Prepare your heat source
- Place some fire lighters on a tray off the ground, in this case, I’m using a BiJi Barbie.
- Light the fire lighters using a match or lighter.
- Place Heat Beads® into the Chimney and place over the top of the fire lighters, for a video demo Watch Here.
- While you wait for them to ash over, prepare your damper.
Step Two | Combine Ingredients
- Place all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine Dry Ingredients together using a wooden spoon.
- Gradually stir the milk in to form a moist dough.
Step Three | Time to cook
- Place an alfoil covered trivet into your camp oven.
- Place Dough on the trivet, and place camp oven lid.
- Place Heat Beads® under and on top and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the damper’s cooked.
Step Four | Eat and Enjoy
Well, not much I can say about this except for smother it with your favorite toppings and eat 🙂