What cut of lamb is your favourite? I love a good roast leg, this Roast Lamb recipe is my favourite however I do love a slow-cooked lamb shank, this is perfect for cooking in a 12-inch Camp Chef Camp Oven.
For this lamb shanks camp oven recipe, you will need a few ingredients like five lamb shanks, some olive oil, garlic, onion, tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, red wine, and some carrots and cellary.
Get your heat source cranking and preheat your 9 Quart camp oven or south African Potjie.
Heat some oil in the camp oven and fry off the onion and garlic for a couple minutes. Then once you have done the lamb shanks into the camp oven and brown off for a few minutes.
Make sure you stir well regularly and simmer for a minimum of 2 and a half hours.Jump to Recipe
What is a Potjie pot?
Check out more free recipes, photos, tips and tricks on our Facebook page!
Let’s cook some Camp Oven Lamb Shanks!
Micks Camp Oven Lamb ShanksCourse: Camp Oven Stew Recipes, Lamb RecipesDifficulty: Medium
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
5 lamb shanks
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups beef stock
4 cloves of garlic, Diced
2 Tablespoons of tomato paste
2 & 1/2 cups of red wine
3 carrots, diced
2 onions, diced
- Preheat your 9 Quart camp oven or south African Potjiepot over some coals away from the primary fire.
- In a bowl mix the flour, salt and pepper together. Now Coat the lamb shanks in the flour.
- Heat the oil in your Potjie and brown the shanks in batches.
- Once you have browned the lamb shanks, Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a fast simmer.
- Stir well regularly, and simmer for a minimum of 2 and a half hours.