Easy Camp Oven Sausage Casserole Recipe
A few years ago we invested in a camper trailer to take our kids camping however due to working Saturdays and being self-employed we hardly ever used it, mainly because camping for one night was so much effort. By the time you pack everything, travel to your campsite and set everything up, you have to pack it all away to come home.
So this year I’ve made a few changes to the camper making it easier to get away for one night and enjoy it. It’s also important to plan easy to cook meals that don’t require a lot of time and attention to cook so we can concentrate on relaxing with the kids.
I don’t know why but it always seems to rain when we camp at Neurum Creek. I did not let a bit of rain stop me from me starting a fire, just used a bit of ingenuity.
On our recent camping trip to Neurum Creek Bush Retreat, I made up this easy sausage casserole recipe with ingredients we already had at home.
Easy Camp Oven Sausage Casserole RecipeCourse: Beef Recipes, Camp Oven Stew Recipes
12 sausages, cooked then divided into fours
2 carrots, peeled and chopped into chunks
2 potatoes, peeled and chopped into chunks
1 packet of beef casserole mix
1 can of diced tomatoes
2 onions, peeled and sliced
- Cook your sausages. You can cook them any way you like, either over the fire, in a frying pan or on the portable barbecue as I did here.
- Chop your sausages into fours. Prepare veggies, chop potatoes and carrots into chunks and slice onions.
- Warm camp oven over medium heat, add a splash of oil and cook onions for a couple of minutes. Having trouble with heat control have a read of this – Heat Control tips for Camp Oven Cooking
- Add sausages, potato and carrot to the camp oven.
- Add packet mixture.
- Add tinned tomatoes and two cans of water. Stir then cover.
- Place camp oven over medium heat and cook for 45 minutes to an hour, or until potatoes and carrots are soft.
- Now doesn’t that look tasty! Serve and enjoy!