This boiled sultana cake was cooked in the camp oven at a recent COCIA camp oven gathering. It was my first try at cooking this cake and I had 20 plus people watching over me.
So glad I didn’t stuff it up.
For more cake recipes click here
Check out more fantastic recipes and photos on our Facebook page!
Let’s cook a boiled sultana cake!
Boiled Sultana CakeCourse: Cake Recipes, Camp Oven RecipesCuisine: AustralianDifficulty: Easy
Top and bottom Heat
185gms plain flour
185gms self-raising flour
225gms butter or margarine
3 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons cold water
- Boil the sultanas for 5 minutes, then strain and allow to cool.
- Cream butter and sugar together and then add vanilla and beaten eggs.
- Add ½ the sultanas than the SR flour and mix.
- Now add the rest of the sultanas and the plain flour and mix.
- Add the water and stir.
- Bake at 175deg. C for 60 to 75 min.