Heat Beads® BBQ Briquettes have become standard practice for a reliable and consistent heat source for camp oven cooking, and Let’s face it at some point we all have struggled to try and light Heat Beads® BBQ Briquettes, I know I have.
But now you don’t have to struggle, Heat Beads® have developed a product called a Heat Beads® BBQ Chimney, it’s simple to use and makes them ash over in approximately 30-40 minutes for a full chimney.
How to light Heat Beads® BBQ Briquettes.
Equipment you need:
- 1x Bag of Heat Beads® BBQ Briquettes.
- 1x Heat Beads® BBQ Chimney
- 1x Packet of firelighters
- Matches, lighter or torch
- And a pair of gloves for safety
Just fill Heat Beads® BBQ Chimney to the rim with Heat Beads® BBQ Briquettes.
Light 3 -4 Firelighters cubes
Next, Place the BBQ Chimney directly over the firelighters. In approximately 30-40 minutes for a full chimney.
They are ready to use once they are covered in a light coloured ash.
Once Heat Beads® are fully ashed over, carefully pour the briquettes from the BBQ Chimney onto the camp oven. A pair of long handled tongs are also perfect for moving heatbeads about.
- It is important that the Heat Beads® BBQ Briquettes be poured into the BBQ as soon as they are ashed over. Leaving the ashes in the Heat Beads® BBQ Chimney for prolonged periods will reduce the life of the device.
- For safety, always ensure you wear some welders gloves.
- Want to know more about heat control. Read This.
- Want to know more about Heatbeads, Read This
- You need a surface that can stand the heat of the BBQ Starter when it’s being used; I use a Biji Barbi.
Watch The Video!